Foreman - Western Cape
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient way to ensure zero accidents and maintain job budgets.
- Understand the project plans and specifications.
- Manage field to minimize overtime and communicate when overtime is required to team.
- Effectively identify concrete mixes and determine required equipment and procedures required to achieve desired finish and performance results.
- Determine required safety procedures based on job site conditions and materials encountered.
- Be able to communicate to Site Agent re. equipment and manpower needs to meet schedules and deadlines.
- Verify the completion of the pre-pour checklist.
- Clean equipment as necessary and perform routine maintenance.
- Safely unload and secure equipment and attachments to transport vehicle.
- Recruit and train site labour associated with your team.
- Complete daily reports to include time spent on the job (employee timecards), weather conditions, sub-contractors working for Concor, general daily description that includes activities performed, delays incurred, changes directed by the Client in the field.
- Verify and approve employee timecard entries from wage clerk daily and weekly reports by noted deadline for payroll.
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against delivery notes.
- Know whereabouts of suppliers and products along the front range.
- Be able to work with Operations and Procurement Departments on material orders.
- Inspire team members to achieve high levels of production.
- Visibly supports the Stop.Think.Act.24/7 campaign and other HSE initiatives and objectives.
- Comply with all health and safety, company policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensures safe work practices are adhered to at all times.
- Monitors and measures safety practices and results and meets targets set
- Grade 12 - Trade qualification OR a NQF4 – Technical artisan qualification especially in earthworks or buildings disciplines.
- A minimum of 3 to 8 years’ experience in a site supervisory or Foreman role within the construction industry.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence
- Must be a South African Citizen
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word & Outlook)
- Ability to read construction drawings, understand and interpret construction Plans and Specifications
- Extensive knowledge of quality control standards and testing methodologies
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently while exercising great judgment
- Excellent communication skills