• Any or a combination of the following degrees: BCom, BCompt, BAcc.
• CA(SA) status would be a distinct advantage.
• Registered with one (or more) of the following professional accounting industry organisations;
- The South African Institute of Chartered Accountants
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- South African Institute of Professional Accountants
- Institute of Administration and Commerce
- Institute of Certified Bookkeepers
• A minimum of 10 Years practical work experience in the field of accounting
• A minimum of 5 Years’ experience supervising a team
• Extensive experience in tax and relevant statutory tax legislation
• Proficient on ERP system (e.g. JD Edwards/ Hyperion)
• Experience in asset management, budgets, drafting of annual financial statements and completion of tax calculations and tax returns
Knowledge and Skills
• Demonstrate proficiency in group reporting, financial analysis, financial modelling and reporting.
• Detailed understanding of the specific applicable International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
• Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, Power Point, Word, & Outlook)
• Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial/asset management practices
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with the stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
• Strong ability to prioritize and work well under pressure to meet established deadlines
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Attention to detail