Senior Foreman - Western Cape
- Ensure effective optimisation of on-site resources at an operational level.
- Ensure compliance with safety and quality assurance standards at all times.
- Monitoring and controlling production costs and optimizing site productivity and works to programmes and deadlines as agreed with site supervisor.
- Ensure standard procedures are adhered to and any specific client requirements are taken into account.
- Coordinate regular meetings and maintain good communication with all relevant parties
- Ensure quality of work and materials comply with specifications.
- Providing constructive support to company initiatives
- Ensuring that quality of work and materials comply to specifications
- Work to be completed within required time frames
- Inspiring team members to achieve high levels of production
- Building good relations with employees and relevant role players
- Review work and ensure corrective action when required
- Implement improvements and demonstrating initiative
- Consistently comply with all company policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance to Safety, Health & Environmental Regulations
- Ensure best practices in construction methods
- Grade 12 - Trade qualification OR a NQF4 – Technical artisan qualification especially in earthworks or buildings disciplines.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience as a Foreman within the construction industry.
- Previous relevant site supervisory experience is essential.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence
- Must be a South African Citizen
- Expert knowledge of trades and the ability to read and interpret drawings and programmes
- Must have working knowledge of the OHS ACT and Construction Regulations
- Ability to lead one or more teams during the construction phase.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Good track record of problem-solving abilities and excellent time management
- Strong ability to multitask, prioritize, and work well under pressure to meet established deadlines.