QA/QC Officer - Western Cape
Successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Booking of inspections and coordination of the inspections and signoff of structures with team and Client
- Responsible for the compilation of inspection records as work progresses
- Assist in the investigation of client complaints and quality non-conformance
- Maintains and follows up to ensure that corrective action is implemented.
- Assists as in carrying out on and off-site inspections of contractor’s /vendors/ suppliers’ activities including release of manufactured items for delivery to site.
- Assists in auditing the Quality Management Practices of the contractors and suppliers
- Liaise with the client for client inspections and sign over of inspection documents
- Updating and maintaining quality records and Record Books for submission to the client
- Read plans, and specifications to understand the requirements of products and services.
- Recommend improvements to the production process to ensure quality control.
- Document inspection outcomes by completing detailed reports and performance records.
- Guide the production team about quality control concerns to improve product excellence.
- Supervise the production process.
- Resolve quality-related issues in a timely manner.
- Conducts site inspections or audits as per inspection schedule
- Grade 12 or NQF equivalent
- Tertiary qualification in Building Science or related technical discipline.
- A relevant building trade apprenticeship.
- ISO 9001 implementation and Internal Auditing will be an advantage
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a QA/QC Officer or similar role within the construction industry.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be a South African Citizen
Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word & Outlook)
- Ability to read construction drawings, understand and interpret construction Plans and Specifications
- Extensive knowledge of quality control standards and testing methodologies
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently while exercising great judgment
- Excellent communication skills