- Source and purchase goods and materials in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets, and at the best competitive prices.
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations.
- Negotiate prices, payment terms, and delivery schedules with new and current suppliers.
- Maintain the supplier database on the system.
- Manage orders, ensure timely delivery of materials to support production schedules and customer needs.
- Follow up regularly on orders placed and assist with the receipt and dispatching of products.
- Develop sourcing prospects for supply of raw materials, goods, and services.
- Support new project buying and work closely with other internal departments to manage and execute changing requirements, revision levels, etc.
- Select vendors for specific services from current approved vendor list and ensure vendor capabilities match job requirements.
- Review purchase requisitions for clarity, compliance, detail, completeness, and obtain additional information considered necessary.
- Monitor industry and market trends and competitor strategies.
- Ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Actively manage supplier performance through consistent communication to ensure proper adherence to purchase order terms and conditions.
- Liaise with vendors to ensure timely and effective corrective action when and where required.
- Identify problems, analyse alternatives, and develop viable recommendations.
- Maintain and submit accurate buyer saving templates on a monthly.
- Support the department to manage Enterprise and supplier development performance in the BBBEE arena.
- Conduct routine site visits to the projects that successful candidate will service
- National diploma or degree in Supply Chain Management or related field
- A post-graduate qualification would be an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years procurement experience which includes supply chain management within a construction, engineering or mining industries, and ideally with exposure to projects in these industries.
- Project Management experience would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of project management and construction management tools / systems, i.e. Prism, CCS, JDE etc.
- Strong knowledge of the BBBEE Preferential Procurement requirements as per the Construction Charter
- MS Office (Excel, Power Point, Word, & Outlook), report writing and general administration skills
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadline.
- Strong negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Analytical and attention to detail