Concor Construction invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of a Quality Assurance/Control Inspector. The successful incumbent will report directly to the QA/QC Manager. The successful incumbent will be responsible to inspect and verify that the works being constructed are correct as per the contract specification and to have quality records signed off as the work progresses for submission to the client. Preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates. This position will be site based at the Venetia Project in Limpopo.
- Booking of inspections and coordination of the inspections and signoff of structures with team and Client
- Responsible for the compilation of inspection records as work progresses
- Assist in the investigation of client complaints and quality non-conformance
- Maintains and follows up to ensure that corrective action is implemented.
- Assists as in carrying out on and off-site inspections of contractor’s /vendors/ suppliers’ activities including release of manufactured items for delivery to site.
- Assists in auditing the Quality Management Practices of the contractors and suppliers
- Liaise with the client for client inspections and sign over of inspection documents
- Updating and maintaining quality records and Record Books for submission to the client
- Read plans, and specifications to understand the requirements of products and services
- Recommend improvements to the production process to ensure quality control
- Document inspection outcomes by completing detailed reports and performance records
- Guide the production team about quality control concerns to improve product excellence
- Supervise the production process.
- Resolve quality-related issues in a timely manner
- Conducts site inspections or audits as per inspection schedule
- Tertiary qualification in Building Science or related technical discipline.
- A relevant building trade apprenticeship.
- ISO 9001 implementation and Internal Auditing will be an advantage
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a QA/QC Inspector or similar role within the construction industry.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence
- Must be a South African Citizen
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word & Outlook)
- Ability to read construction drawings, understand and interpret construction Plans and Specifications
- Extensive knowledge of quality control standards and testing methodologies
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently while exercising great judgment
- Excellent communication skills